Monday

Love Every Jew

Love that Knows No Barriers

Circa 1942
Rabbi Dovid Edelman was a student at 770 during the 1940’s




Once I was standing with a few yeshiva students in the hallway of 770, the elevator opens up, and the Rebbe comes out. He comes over and tells us what went on upstairs between him and his father-in-law, the Previous Rebbe.

He says, “I was by the Rebbe, and I asked him if I am doing right. What is the question?” The Rebbe said that he said to his father-in-law, “I have an office here in the Merkos L’Inyonei Chinuch and all kinds of people come in to see me – some very religious people, some not so religious people . . but I greet everyone friendly… Am I doing right? - Because some people who come in are very far away from Torah and Mitzvos, and I don’t say anything to them there about it; maybe they think it’s not so wrong…

"My father-in-law said to me: ‘it is in the nature that God created in a father and a mother that no matter how many children they have, they have enough love for all their children. That is the way God created the world. But if among a family one child has a problem with a hand or a let – he can’t move them – to that child the parents have a special love, a special closeness, because he’s lacking.

"So if a Jew comes in to your office that observes all the Mitzvos – you take him in wholeheartedly, a precious Jew. But suppose a Jew comes in to you who is ‘missing’ a hand – he doesn’t put on Tefillin, he’s ‘missing’ a foot – he doesn’t go to synagogue… To that Jew you need to have a deeper love, because he is lacking… the more he’s lacking the greater your love has to be to that Jew.’”

Chabad Lubavitch Rebbe Rabbi Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson love every Jew, non observant, love him/her more bum, dropout, Moshiach now - הרבי מליבאוויטש חב"ד הרב מנחם מענדל שניאורסאן, צריך לאהוב כל יהודי, חילוני, אינו שומר תורה ומצות – האהבה אליו צריך להיות גדול יותר, הורים שיש להם ילד עם בעיה רפואית, אבא אמה אוהבית אותו יותר כי חסר לו, ליובביץ, משיח עכשיו, 770